Last week, a friend of mine told me I don’t share my vulnerability enough. That I act like I had everything together, that I never show my shadow side. That it seemed like things come very easy to me.
I was surprised at what she said. I feel like I’ve done little lately but wail about how I don’t have my shit together, how I’m lost, how I don’t know what the heck I’m doing, and so on, and so on, and so on. I’m tumbling past the level of boring myself with it. I feel like if you read this blog you’re probably wondering when I’m going to stop going on about it all so we can get back to helpful tarot stuff. I also feel like I have no ‘right’ to go on like this like my life is so hard when I’m so very aware of how privileged and comfortable and easy my life is.
As I wrote this morning (and a bunch of times before that), a change is due. In fact, a process is already taking place. And I really need a tarot-card perspective on what’s happening right now.
This is a tarot spread I created for anyone who relates to what I’ve been saying – about losing touch with earth, about knowing there’s something inside that wants so badly to come out, about missing their creative selves, about just feeling goddamn lost right now. It’s about bringing all that stuff together and relating it back to fear, and getting past that fear, that fear of shadow and darkness, and figuring out what the heck this feeling is and how we can find the courage to release it and then to use it, to create, to express something, to get a damn grip.
So if you need this as much as I do right now, please help yourself.
Help yourself to this spread. Help yourself this new moon, this end-of-year-ish moment, this intention-setting, this return of the light, this seriousness of Saturn and blazing courage of Sagittarius. Help yourself to saying hello to your fears and goodbye to the ways they hold you back I hope it helps you.
Creativity, courage, commitment: a tarot spread for the new moon
- Fear. What is that lurking in the shadows? What are you most afraid of? What is holding you back? Don’t be afraid. Bring it out, look it in the eye, accept it.
- Hope. What are you longing for? What is your goal? What is the relationship of this goal to your fear?
- Transform. Integrate your hopes and fears into you, into your life. How can you work with them to create something positive? How can you use them, what energy do you need?
- Release. What must you now let go of, in order to do this work?
- Ground. Set your intention here. Use this card to make a commitment to yourself, to doing this work. Do you need to welcome in a new energy or tap into what you already have? What will you do? How will you do it?
- Create. Make your intention real. Demonstrate your commitment to yourself. Be brave. Go forth. Create.
I’m a 30-something writer, artist, tarot reader, and perpetual explorer of the space between thought, feeling, and action.
I believe that spirituality and ritual are for everybody. I’m about the journey, in all of its messy, non-linear, chaotic iterations. I am excited by anticapitalist business and living with my whole entire self present. I use tarot cards to bring forth hidden truth, and ritual to affirm my commitment, over and over, to my ever-shifting path.